Become a Student Reporter for YOCee (2015 – 16)
YOCee’s Student Reporter Programme for the year 2015 – 16
Last date: April 20, 2015 (Closed for applications as on April 20, 2015. 11.59.59 p.m)
The Student Reporter programme of YOCee is back for the ninth consecutive year.
This programme encourages and trains students from high school classes, who are interested in writing and reporting. The students selected for this programme have been writing for the website and the reports are published on this website under various sections with their bylines.
Applications are now invited for the Student Reporter programme for the year 2015 – 16.
Here are the details of who and how can you participate in the programe:
This year, 25 student reporters from the city schools will be selected for the programme.
Students of class 6 and above are eligible to apply for the programme
The student reporters selected under this programme will:
– attend a boot camp for 5 days in the last week of April / first week of May (compulsory)
– report news and events from their school campuses and neighbourhood
– visit workshops, attend reading sessions, camps and write reports
– interview authors, storytellers, artists and achiever kids
– and just get published
– Opportunity to improve your skills in language, writing, communication and Public Relation.
– You get a reporter’s pack along with tips on reporting, writing and interviewing skills.
– Identity badge as YOCee Student Reporter for the year 2015-16 for reporting from the Press section.
– You will also receive a certificate at the end of the year, subject to completing your assignments on time.
And what is more? Of course, a lot of fun!
– Periodical informal get-togethers sharing the reporting experience.
– Tips and basic lessons in high school journalism through one-on-one interactions.
Please note that the programme requires submission of at least two reports per month during the year.
This will require travelling within the city.
The reporters will contribute articles / reports from May 2015 to April 2016.
** Reporters of the previous years need to send a confirmation along with their parents’ consent.
How to apply for the programme:
Please use the form below (Form taken off from the page on April 20, 2015. At 11.59.59 p.m.)to submit the following details:
– Your piece (in 200 words) on an event / happening in your neighbourhood. Should be a news piece.
– Five lines on what you would be interested to write for the website, if selected.
– Particulars of class, school, residential address, name of the parent and contact phone number.
– A declaration that your application for the programme has the consent of your parent/s.