Become a Student Reporter for YOCee
Last date to apply : May 19, 2012
YOCee’s Student Reporter Programme for the year 2012 – 13
The Student Reporter programme of YOCee is back for the sixth consecutive year.
This programme encourages and trains students from high school classes, who are interested in writing and reporting.
The students selected for this programme have been writing for the website and the reports are published on this website under various sections with their bylines.
Applications are now invited for the Student Reporter programme for the year 2012 – 13. Here are the details of who and how can you participate in the programe:
This year, 25 student reporters from the city schools will be selected for the programme.
Students of class 6 and above are eligible to apply for the programme
The student reporters selected under this programme will get an opportunity to:
– report news and events from their school campuses and neighbourhood
– visit exciting workshops, attend reading sessions, camps and write reports
– interview authors, storytellers, artists and achiever kids
– and just get published
– Opportunity to improve your skills in Language, writing, communication and Public Relation.
– You get a reporter’s pack along with tips on reporting, writing and interviewing skills.
– Identity badge as YOCee Student Reporter for the year 2012-13 for reporting from the Press section.
– You receive guidance as and when you are assigned to write.
– You will also receive a certificate at the end of the year, subject to completing your assignments on time.
And what is more? Of course, a lot of fun!
– Periodical informal get-to-gethers sharing the reporting experience.
– Tips and basic lessons in high school journalism through one-on-one interactions.
– This is a complimentary programme from YOCee. No fee is charged
How to apply for the programme:
Mail us – to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
– Your piece (in 150 words) on an event or a happening in your area / school. Should be a news piece.
– Five lines on what you would be interested to write for the website, if selected.
– Particulars of class, school, residential address, name of the parent and contact phone number.
– A declaration that your application for the programme has the consent of your parents.
The reporters will contribute articles / reports from May 2012 to April 2013
You can use the form below: