Apply to become a Student Reporter
Last date to apply : June 4, 2020 [Entries closed]
YOCee’s Student Reporter Programme for the year 2020 – 21
The Student Reporter programme of YOCee is back for the fourteenth consecutive year.
This programme encourages and trains students from high school classes, who are interested in writing and reporting.
The students selected for this programme have been writing for the website and their reports are published on this website under various sections with their bylines.
Applications are now invited for the Student Reporter programme for the year 2020 – 21. Here are the details of who and how can you participate in the programme:
Every year, 25 student reporters from the city schools are selected for the programme.
Students of class 6 and above are eligible to apply.
The student reporters selected under this programme will get an opportunity to:
– report news and events from their school campuses and neighbourhood
– visit workshops, attend reading sessions, book launches and write reports
– interview young and adults who work with society in some way or do things differently
– and get published
– Opportunity to improve your skills in language, writing, communication and Public Relation.
– You get a reporter’s pack along with tips on reporting, writing and interviewing skills.
– Identity badge as YOCee Student Reporter for the year 2020-21 for reporting from the Press Section of events.
– You receive guidance as and when you are assigned to write.
– You will also receive a certificate at the end of the year, subject to completing your assignments on time. The minimum requirement is two reports every month.
And what is more? Of course, a lot of fun!
– Periodical informal get-togethers sharing the reporting experience.
– Tips and basic tips on writing and reporting through one-on-one interactions.
– This is a complimentary programme from YOCee. No fee is charged
How to apply for the programme:
Mail us – to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
– Your piece (in 150 words) on anything you observed in your neighbourhood or about online effort during this pandemic. Should be a news piece.
– Five lines on what you would be interested to write for the website if selected.
– Particulars of class, school, residential address, name of the parent and contact phone number.
– A declaration that your application for the programme has the consent of your parents.
The reporters will contribute articles / reports from June 2020 to May 2021.