Chuckling at words?!
In English, there are words with many vowels and letters due to that some words sound hilarious.
There are many words that are funny to spell and pronounce.
I have listed a few words that I laugh at though the list is endless!
• Grumpy- bad-tempered and irritable
• Netizen- a user of the internet, especially a habitual or keen one.
• Sesquipedalian- polysyllabic; long.
• Limpid- (of a liquid) completely clear and transparent.
• Kibitz- look on and offer unwelcome advice, especially at a card game.
• Bumpkin- an unsophisticated or socially awkward person from the countryside.
• Knuckle sandwich- a punch in the mouth
• Lepidopterist- a person who studies or collects butterflies and moths.
• Otorhinolaryngologist- the study of diseases of the ear, nose, and throat.
• Topsy-turvy – upside down.
• Floccinaucinihilipilification- the action or habit of estimating something as worthless.
• Nudiustertian – Day before yesterday
• Faux pas- an embarrassing or tactless act or remark in a social situation.
I feel these words are funny as whenever I hear someone using it, it makes me giggle inside.
Some of these words strive to pronounce which makes it even funnier.
Medha is a pre-teen girl who loves listening to all genres of music, loves to draw and paint, passionate about cooking and baking and eating it too. A heritage enthusiast, aspiring gymnast, a budding basketball and badminton player, she enjoys cycling and loves spending time with friends and family.