Last date to apply: April 30, 2022: Applications closed
YOCee’s Student Reporter Programme for the year 2022-23
The Student Reporter programme of YOCee is back for the sixteenth consecutive year.
This programme encourages and trains students from high school classes, who are interested in writing and news reporting.
The students selected for this programme have been writing for the website and their reports are published on this website under various sections with their bylines.
Applications are now invited for the Student Reporter programme for the year 2022 – 23. Here are the details of who and how can you participate in the programme:
Students in classes 6 -12 are eligible to apply.
The student reporters selected under this programme will get an opportunity to:
– report news and events from their school campuses and neighbourhood
– interview young and adults who work with society in some way or do things differently
– and get published
Every year, 25 student reporters are selected for the programme.
– Opportunity to improve your skills in language, writing, communication and Public Relation.
– Get tips and guidance on reporting, writing and interviewing skills.
– Receive guidance during your assignments to write.
– Receive a certificate at the end of the year, subject to completing your assignments on time. The minimum requirement is two reports every month.
And what is more? Of course, a lot of fun and learning!
– Periodical informal get-togethers (online/offline) sharing the reporting experience.
– Basic journalism tips on writing and reporting through one-on-one interactions during assignments.
– Since YOCee is a digital media for children, reporters also get hands-on multimedia reporting experience.
– During 2020 and 2021, many reports by YOCee’s student reporters were showcased in Global Youth and News media – a prestigious international news platform for young people.
– This is a complimentary programme from YOCee. No fee is charged.
How to apply for the programme:
Fill in the form below with:
– Your piece (in 150 words) on anything you observed in your neighbourhood or about online effort during this pandemic. Should be a news piece.
– Five lines on what you would be interested to write for the website if selected.
– Particulars of class, school, residential address, name of the parent and contact phone number.
– A declaration that your application for the programme has the consent of your parents.
The reporters will contribute articles / reports from May 2022 to May 2023.
When YOCee’s student reporters get busy, the team at YOCee’s small office takes up the role of the reporters, does the rounds, writes copies and files reports. The team also posts useful info and ePapers produced in-house.