Winter Writing Contest 2014 – RESULT
We received 611 entries for the contest mostly through the online submission form, 126 entries to the email id and around 12 entries by post.
The entries for the junior category were 357 and the seniors were 254.
It was extremely difficult to choose ten best entries from each category and we decided to increase the number to 10 best entries in each of the topics. So there are twenty best entries in junior and senior categories respectively
Congratulations to the winners!
Individual mails are sent to the winners along with information about distribution of prizes separately.
Note: The list is not in any particular order of merit.
A. The best day in my school
1. K. Jai Ram Sharma, Class 7, M.CT.M Chettyar International School
2. Riddhi Sera, Class 8, The PSBB Millennium School
3. Amritha.Balakrishnan, Class 7, The PSBB Millennium School
4. Arvind Puthucode, Class 8, DAV Sr. Sec. School
5. V. Samhita, Class 7, P.S.B.B Senior Secondary School, T.Nagar
6. S. Roshini, Class 8, DAV Girls Sr. Sec. School
7. Rohan G. Nair, Class 8, NPS International School
8. Aswath Suryanarayanan, Class 8, The PSBB Millennium School
9. Devesh Sudhakar Paragir, Class 6, PSBB K K NAgar
10. V. Sanjana, Class 6, Shri Anand Matric. Hr. Sec. School, Tambaram
B. The book I read again and again
1. Kishore S, Class 6, DAV Matric Hr. Sec. School
2. K.R. Roshini, Class 7, SBOA School and Junior College
3. Adhitya Krishna, Class 6, GPS Global School
4. K. Pranav, Class 8, Sri Sankara Senior Sec. School
5. S. Nivya, Class 8, Boaz Public School
6. R.S. Aruna, Class 7, DAV Girls Sr. Sec. School
7. Sree Sneha Sudarshan, Class 8, Chinmaya Vidyalaya
8. Shruthi Ranjithkumar, Class 6, NPS International
9. Y.P. Jeganath, Class 6, Chinmaya Vidyalaya
10. R. Upendra, Class 7, National Public School
A. Do my gadgets take away the family time?
1. Mercy Simren S, Class 12, Spartan Matric. Hr.Sec. School
2. V.G.VIsswesh, Class 10, G.R.T. Mahalakshmi Vidyalaya Matric. Hr. Sec. School
3. Smriti Baskar, Class 12, C.S.I. Ewart School
4. Saibal Paul, Class 10, SBOA School & Junior College
5. Swathika. S, Class 9, Manthan Vidhyashram
6. N. Saipriya, Class 11, DAV School, Adambakkam
7. Madhumita R, Class 9, Chettinad Vidyashram
8. A.K. Sowmi Narendran, Class 11, Seetha Kingston House Matric. Hr. Sec. School
9. D. Harini, Class 9, DAV Girls Sr. Sec. School
10. K. Hari Madhavan, Class 10, Bala Vidya Mandir Sr. Sec. School
B. New place, new school, new people.
1. Swetha Srinivasan, Class 10, Sacred Heart Matric. Hr. Sec. School
2. Anirudh madhavan, Class 11, The Hindu Senior Sec. School,Indira Nagar
3. K. R. Rohit, Class 11, SBOA School & Junior College
4. Joanna Philips, Class 11, Sunbeam Matric. Hr. Sec. School
5. Haniya Ameen N.K., Class 9, The PSBB Millennium School
6. Janani Balaji, Class 9, Sri Sankara Sr. Sec. School
7. Varsha Sathyanarayanan, Class 11, Rosary Matric Hr. Sec. School
8. Michael Mozim, Class 9, Sishya
9. R. Magesh, Class 11, Don Bosco Hr. Sec. School
10.Raghul Davis, Class 11, Velammal Matric Hr. Sec. School
Monsoon has set in and is on full swing.
Watching the rains sitting by the window sill is fun.
That cozy corner by the balcony or the tall window is the perfect place to let your thoughts flow and write!
Get ready to put your thoughts down and win prizes.
The contest is for students in class 6 to 12.
Last date to submit entries: Nov. 30, 2014
Seniors (Class 9 to 12):
Choose any one of the topics
1. Do my gadgets take away the family time?
Many of us spend hours with phones, television, computers. We communicate more by emails and instant messaging. Do they prevent us from developing interpersonal skills and limits our time with our family? What is your take on this issue?
2. New place, new school, new people.
Moving can be very exciting. It could also be a difficult time in childhood. Tell about a time you moved and how you enjoyed it or how it affected you.
Juniors (Class 6 to 8)
Choose any one of the topics
1. The best day in my school
Think of the day when you were most happy in your school. Tell about what happened that makes this day stand out in your memory.
2. The book I read again and again
Do you have a favourite book that you would never feel that you have finished reading it? Tell us why you want to pick up this book and read it whenever you find it on the bookshelf.
1. Only one entry per participant.
2. Maximum length: 300 words
3. Submission of entries:
– By entering the form below
– By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– By post to YOCee, ‘Sri Padma’ 15 B, Karpagam Garden 1st Main Road, Adyar, Chennai 600020.
4. Both handwritten and typed entries will be accepted. If you choose to write, write neatly and legibly. For typed entries, use only 12 point Times New Roman font in black. No fancy fonts, graphics.
5. The entries should have the full name (as in your school record), class, school, contact number and email of your parent / guardian.
The results will be announced on this website on Dec. 10, 2014
The winners will be individually intimated by email / phone
– Ten best entries each in junior and senior categories will win prizes and goodies.
– The winning entries and five other best entries will go into the e-book downloadable from the website.
ENTRIES CLOSED ON Nov. 30, 2014
When YOCee’s student reporters get busy, the team at YOCee’s small office takes up the role of the reporters, does the rounds, writes copies and files reports. The team also posts useful info and ePapers produced in-house.